Thursday, June 23 .... Today was the last big push!  We rode 90 miles from Brattleboro, VT to Burlington, MA.  We rode through NH along the way.  We had 11 hills to climb, the longest was three miles.  Most of the hills had grades between 3-11%.  In addition, we had numerous rolling hills thaat had grades of 2-9%.  In addition, we had numerous rolling hills that had grades of 2-9%.  By the end of the day, we climbed 5300 ft.  It made for a slow day.  What is important is I made it!  I was dealing with tired legs but was driven by the knowledge this was my last long ride and Cecilia, Nicole and Easton were waiting for me at the hotel.  

The final ride is in the morning when we will ride 17 miles to the Atlantic Ocean for the front tire dip.  It will then be over.....3400 miles by bicycle over 49 days, the Pacific ocean to the Atlantic Ocean.  We crossed through a great deal of this great country in areas you will never see driving on the interstate highways.  It is amazing to see how many American flags flying from houses.  The people love this country and it shows everywhere!

This was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done.  It was done with a tremendous amount of support from a lot of people.  They are too many to single out except for Cecilia.  She has been there encouraging me on from the day I said I was going to make this trip.  I also want to point out that my bike performed perfectly thanks to the team at Champion Cycling.  Great job and thanks for the support. 

One more entry after the short 17 mile ride to the beach in then morning.  It will then be the end of a great period in my life.

What's next?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog